Analysis of NTSB Report
Access the NTSB report database, then choose an NTSB report and conduct further research into the accident. Your research and gained knowledge will be needed in writing your Case Analysis (CA).
1. Access an individual NTSB Aviation Accident Report (Links to an external site.) and provide an assessment.
2. Consider accessing the NTSB website and scholarly journals to perform this task.
– Provide a summation of the events and findings. (in Summary)
A. Explain which accident requirements under the ASRS, ASAP, and NTSB Part 830 programs where used.
– What was the primary problem? (in Problem)
A. Analyze Accident vs. Incident for reporting of aviation safety data (was this an accident or an incident) explain.
– What is the significance of this case? To general aviation? (in Significance)
A. Explain the significance of the problem that was found and in your explanation and show how the accident could have been prevented having this kind of aviation safety data.
– Based on the conclusions and recommendations, choose two and expound on them. (in Alternatives)
– Make your recommendation based on the findings and data provided. Do you agree? Could something else be added? (in Recommendation