Circular Motion Lab (Lab Report)
Circular Motion Lab
- Experiment with changing location of the ladybug and beetle on the wheel. Watch the angular velocity. What do you think angular velocity is?
- How does position relative to the center of the wheel affect the angular velocity?
- Experiment with changing the location of the ladybug and beetle on the wheel. How does position relative to the center of the wheel affect the velocity?
- What other factors affect the velocity of the bugs? Under show graphs click on q, w, a
- Set the ladybug to undergo angular acceleration by giving a a value between 0.5 and 2.0. Describe the ladybug’s motion.
- What does angular acceleration mean?
- Turn on the acceleration vectors. What direction is the angular acceleration? Explain why this direction makes sense.
For rotation tab question 2 and 3 are same so answer one!
Any formula you need we have been given is :
Here is the formula:
Tangential velocity = radius * w (theta angle in radians).
Radial acceleration = radius * w^2
For lab report, answer the lab manual questions that are asked and write conclusion.
Also there’s an example of this lab in youtube which you can use it as guide or change the number then write the lab report.
Here is the link:
Any questions you have feel free to ask and I need to submit this on Thursday morning.