Developing Client Termination Summary
• Develop client termination summaries
• Identify a client who may be ready to terminate therapy.
Assignment (A couple going through a divorce)
With the client you selected in mind, address in a client termination summary (without violating
HIPAA regulations) the following:
• Identifying information of client (e.g., hypothetical name and age)
• Date the client initially contacted therapist, date therapy began, duration of therapy, and date
therapy will end
• Total number of sessions, including number of missed sessions
• Whether termination was planned or unplanned
• Presenting problem
• Major psychosocial issues
• Types of services rendered (e.g., individual, couple/family therapy, group therapy)
• Overview of treatment process
• Goal status (goals met, partially met, unmet)
• Treatment limitations (if any)
• Remaining difficulties and/or concerns
• Follow-up plan (if indicated)
• Instructions for future contact
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!