Explain how the following types of drug affect neurotransmitter activity
- Describe the role of neurotransmitters in the brain and explain how neurotransmitters affect behaviour such as aggression or mood.
- Explain how excitatory and inhibitory neurotransmitters affect neurons in the brain.
- Explain the effects of acetylcholine on cognition (thinking), behaviour, or emotion.
- Explain the role of GABA on cognition (thinking), behaviour, or emotion.
- Explain how the following types of drug affect neurotransmitter activity
(c) Reuptake inhibitor
Choose 3 psychoactive drugs, explain how each of them affects neurotransmitter activity, and explain their effects on cognition (mental processes) and behaviour.
(a) Drug 1
(b) Drug 2
(c) Drug 3
6. Describe the mechanism by which Serotonin Antagonist and Reuptake Inhibitors produce their therapeutic effects.
7. Discuss the effectiveness and appropriateness of using Serotonin Antagonist and Reuptake Inhibitors (SARIs) in the treatment of mood and anxiety disorders.