Intervention Presentation and Capstone Video Reflection RN-to-BSN program
Present your approved intervention to your patient and write a 3-4 page paper on your findings.
Complete this assessment in two parts:
(a) present your approved intervention to the patient
(b) write a reflection paper on your practicum experience, the development of your capstone project, and your personal and professional growth over the course of your RN-to-BSN program.
Use the Intervention Feedback Form: Assessment 5 [PDF] as a guide to capturing patient feedback about your intervention. You’ll include the feedback as part of your capstone reflection paper. Prepare a 3-4 page paper on your practicum experience with your patient, the development of your capstone project, and your personal and professional growth over the course of your RN-to-BSN program.
The assessment requirements outlined below, correspond to the scoring guide criteria, so address each main point.
Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
• Assess the contribution of your intervention to patient or family satisfaction and quality of life.
• Describe feedback received from the patient, family, or group on your intervention as a solution to the problem.
• Explain how your intervention enhances the patient, family, or group experience.
• Describe your use of evidence and peer-reviewed literature to plan and implement your capstone project.
• Explain how the principles of evidence-based practice informed this aspect of your project.
• Assess the degree to which you successfully leveraged health care technology in your capstone project to improve outcomes or communication with the patient
• Identify opportunities to improve health care technology use in future practice.
• Explain how health policy influenced the planning and implementation of your capstone project, as well as any contributions your project made to policy development.
• Note specific observations related to the baccalaureate-prepared nurse’s role in policy implementation and development.
• Explain whether capstone project outcomes matched your initial predictions.
• Discuss the aspects of the project that met, exceeded, or fell short of your expectations.
• Discuss whether your intervention can, or will be, adopted as a best practice.
• Describe the generalizability of your intervention outside this particular setting.
• Assess your personal and professional growth throughout your capstone project and the RN-to-BSN program.
• Address your provision of ethical care and demonstration of professional standards.
• Identify specific growth areas of which you are most proud or in which you have taken particular satisfaction.
Cite at least three scholarly or authoritative sources to support your assertions. In addition to your reflection video, submit a separate APA-formatted reference list of your sources.
• Competency 2: Make clinical and operational decisions based upon the best available evidence.
• Describe one’s use of evidence and peer-reviewed literature to plan and implement a capstone project.
• Competency 3: Transform processes to improve quality, enhance patient safety, and reduce the cost of care.
• Explain whether capstone project outcomes matched one’s initial predictions and document the practicum hours spent with these individuals or group in the Core Elms Volunteer Experience Form.
• Competency 4: Apply health information and patient care technology to improve patient and systems outcomes.
• Assess the degree to which one successfully leveraged health care technology in a capstone project to improve outcomes or communication with a patient, family, or group.
• Competency 5: Analyze the impact of health policy on quality and cost of care.
• Explain how health policy influenced the planning and implementation of one’s capstone project, as well as any contributions the project made to policy development.
• Competency 7: Implement patient-centered care to improve quality of care and the patient experience.
• Assess the contribution of an intervention (capstone project) to patient, family, or group satisfaction and quality of life.
• Competency 8: Integrate professional standards and values into practice.
• Assess one’s personal and professional growth throughout a capstone project and the RN-to-BSN program.