Karver is preparing to meet with a new client regarding workers compensation benefits.
Karver is preparing to meet with a new client regarding workers compensation benefits. She has asked you to confer with other paralegals to discuss and prepare some notes she can use in the meeting with the client.
Under workers compensation laws workers only receive 2/3 of their gross wages during the period of time they are off work due to an accidental injury. Explain why receiving only 2/3 of their average weekly wage is fair for employees as well as for the employer.
- click General Information on top of screen: click Employee Claim Form from drop down menu
- temporary total disability benefits: 9-618 – 9-622
- average weekly wage: 9-602, 9-604
- medical expenses: 9-660 – 9-664
- vocational rehabilitation: 9-670 – 9-675
- permanency partial disability: 9-625 – 9-632
- permanent disability: 9-635 – 9-640