North Korea and the Sony Hack
Make sure your initial post is 250 words.
Select one of the following case studies from the Study Materials for this module to analyze for this discussion forum:
• North Korea and the Sony Hack
• Hackers Gain Direct Access to U.S. Power Grid Controls
• Foreign Economic Espionage in Cyberspace
Greenberg, A. (2017, September 6). Hackers gain direct access to U.S. power grid controls. WIRED.
Haggard, S., & Lindsay, J. R. (2015). North Korea and the Sony hack: Exporting instability through cyberspace. AsiaPacific Issues (117).
National Counterintelligence and Security Center. (2018). Foreign economic espionage in cyberspace.
Then respond to the following:
• What ethical issues relate to the cybersecurity threat discussed in the case study?
• How do you see the importance of applying a deontological or consequentialist approach to addressing cyber threats that transcend national boundaries not only now, but into the future?
• How might a pluralist approach to ethics be employed to further develop and implement an effective international agreement on cyber norms?