Patient Healthcare Plan
Over the last two weeks, you sketched out some demographics for your fictitious client. Using these
characteristics, you will now begin the incremental process of creating a physical activity plan – also known
as an exercise prescriiption – for your client.
For your Module 3 assignment, you will complete the AHA/ACSM Health/Fitness Facility Preparticipation
Screening Questionnaire for your chosen client. This should align with the demographic and health status
profile you completed in Modules 1 and 2.
Then, select one screening questionnaire/calculation from ExRx.net for each of the three health-related
4 components you identified for your fictional client.
After completing the forms and reviewing the rubric for this assignment, it is time to look at the evidence
base to guide your work. Go the literature at the Excelsior Library and to one of the professional
associations/organizations provided at the end of this document. In an APA formatted, 2 to 4-page, doublespaced paper, please address the following:
1. In 1-2 paragraphs, briefly describe your fictitious client so that the reader has some context for the
2. In 1-2 paragraphs, state which fitness tests you completed on behalf of your client on ExRx.net and
what the results were.
3. Considering the client’s health status (from Module 1), barriers and motivators to exercise (from
Module 2), risk stratification results, and results from the fitness tests performed, describe 2
potential exercise restrictions you might recommend.
4. Based on the literature you have read, your course readings, and evidence-based recommendations
from professional sources, what would be your suggestions for starting an exercise program?
5. What modifications do you envision for aerobic and strength-based training? Do you foresee any
potential modifications for flexibility training? Please explain, supporting your rationale with course
and external literature.
You will need to apply information from at least four sources. Your sources must include the following:
● One of your course readings or videos and
● At least one current and credible article from the Excelsior Library directly related to the fictitious
client’s health status or risk profile and
● Information from the ACSM on risk stratification or results from the ExRx.net tests and
● At least one professional association/organization (ACSM or other credible organization). See the
organizations list below.
Your sources must reflect current standards in physical activity and fitness training.
Your paper must also include the following:
● Use of essay style, including complete sentences and paragraphs
● Thorough spell and grammar checking
● Use of in-text citations (with corresponding references) for all information that is from another
● An APA formatted title page
● An APA formatted reference page.
The following are some of the top exercise organizations. You will find helpful information to assist you in
completing your assignment.
● American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
● American Council on Exercise (ACE)
● International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
● National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)