Policy Problem Analysis Health Insurance
In this 4-page paper you will identify and analyze a policy problem of your choice and identify policy recommendations to address the problem. The paper should include scholarly sources of information such as books, journal articles, and government documents.
The topic/Health policy problem will be Obesity in the United States.
One healthy policy recommendation that should be included: Insurance companies should be required by law to cover obesity medications and have them listed on their formularies. Currently insurance companies are not required to cover obesity medications therefore most do not.
Please add 1-2 other policy recommendations as well.
Include answers to the following questions in your paper:
1. Description of the problem and its background including the legislative history of relevant legislation and/or regulations.
2. Explanation of the importance of the policy problem to healthcare.
3. Stakeholders who are positively or negatively impacted by the policy problem are identified and briefly discussed.
4. Kingdon’s model is used to analyze the timing/opportunity for action on this policy problem.
5. The pros and cons of several policy recommendations are clearly identified, and their importance is discussed in a logical and coherent manner. Recommendations are based on the evidence.