Program Proposal Assignment
Program Proposal:Title Page & Reference Page
For this assignment, you will submit a title page and reference page in current APA format for your Program
Proposal. In addition to the textbooks and the Bible, your reference page must contain at least 8 scholarly peer
reviewed journal articles published in the past 5 years. These articles must be different than those submitted
for the Annotated Bibliography. Popular writing, books, and web pages are NOT acceptable sources for this
For this assignment you will research, prepare, and present a program proposal to address “meeting the needs
of military veterans in the community.” After completing and reporting on the needs of the military veterans, and
establishing the biblical foundation for this program, develop a program to meet the identified needs through a
community or church based weekly group. This assignment has tremendous potential to be a powerful ministry
for any church and community. The proposal will consist of the bullet points listed below as subheaders for
• INTRODUCTION (1/2 -1 page)
• NEEDS ASSESSMENT (5-6 pages)
o Give a research based overview of at least 3 major needs faced by returning military veterans.
o Select and expound on at least one need on which to build the program proposal.
o Throughly explain the Biblical basis for providing this group (using scripture and biblical integration).
o This section should be 5-6 pages long and include at least 5 scholarly sources and the Bible.
• PROGRAM PROPOSAL (4-5 pages)
o OVERVIEW – Make an argument for this group based upon current research.
o POPULATION -Who is the population for the program? What veterans would benefit from this program?
o OUTCOMES – What are projected program outcomes? What are the expected outcomes for veterans?
o FOCUS AREAS – What are the areas of focus which will be addressed? (family, loss, trauma, career
transition, community/church service, etc.)
o METHODS OF INSTRUCTION – How will these areas of focus be addressed, taught, treated?
o PROGRAM LENGTH – How many weeks will the program lasts?
o LOCATION – Where will the group be held?
o FUNDING – How will it be funded?
o MARKETING – How will the program be advertised? (church newsletter, newspaper, Veteran Affairs, Veteran
of Foreign Wars Post)
• CONCLUSION (1 page)
• Length of the body of the paper: 10–12 pages. Points will be deducted if the paper is below 10 pages (not
including title page and references).
• Paper must include at least 10 references. At least 6 of these references must be scholarly peer-reviewed
journal articles no older than 5 years old. The other references should address military veterans needs, group
formation or other applicable subjects. Bible must be included as a reference.
• Follow current APA format and do NOT use first person, popular books or articles.
• Only .mil or .gov websites may be used. Note these are not scholarly sources.
• The Program Proposal will be graded on thoroughness, content, and integration of Biblical perspective.
• Avoid Plagiarism—Using or passing off someone else’s work as your own is a serious academic offense.
Papers are submitted through SafeAssign to check for the proper treatment of sources.