Instructions: Answer the questions below. No specific format is required, but do submit your work in a professional-looking format. Do not copy-and-paste answers; use your own words.
Use complete sentences, correct spelling, proper punctuation, and appropriate grammar.
Submit your answers as Week 1: Assignment 1.Acceptable file types include: .docx, .doc, .rtf, or .pdf.
- The first man-made satellite was launched into orbit in 1957. Who launched it and what was its effect on the United States?
- What national goal was set forth by President John F. Kennedy in 1961, shortly after Alan Shepard became the first American in space?
- List the contributions the Apollo program made to space flight.
- List some of what the first U.S. spacecraft/satellites studied, measured, and provided.
- List the contributions the Skylab program made to space flight.
- Describe Skylab’s basic construction.
- Explain the term acceleration.
- Explain Perigee and Apogee.
- What is inclination and how is it measured?
- What is the most significant type of perturbation? Explain what it does to a satellite at perigee.