Utilizing Healthy People 2030 priorities to improve the health of marginalized populations
Please note – this assignment provides some idea of what considerations are needed to create or participate in health initiatives in the community. It is a bit of ‘practice’ for our course exploration in weeks 7 & 8, when you will develop a presentation for community stakeholders to ask for support of a population-focused collaborative health initiative (it does not need to be the initative in this assignment, however it can be – more information to come).
Review the Healthy People 2030 priorities.
- In an introduction, discuss briefly your general thoughts about using Healthy People 2030 priorities as a framework at the community and practice level to improve the health of populations.
- Choose and state the marginalized aggregate identified in the CHN’s practice during weeks 1 & 2 for which their health and well-being can benefit through addressing a Healthy People 2030 priority. Briefly explain the reason for this choice of aggregate (why this aggregate needs support for improved health and well- being).
- Choose and state one Healthy People 2030 priority that will be used as a framework to improve the health and well-being of the identified marginalized aggregate in the CHN ‘s practice or community.
- Apply the Healthy People 2030 priority as a means to guide health promotion and care to your chosen marginalized population from the CHN’s practice. Include the following, using scholarly references to support your ideas and perspectives:
- Describe the 2030 priority, and why you believe it is important to focus upon for your identified marginalized population (what factors or considerations make this priority important to your identified population). In your description, you may also include applicable information you already gathered directly from your CHN, as well information and any of the concepts explored in weeks 1 & 2 to answer this prompt.
- Discuss how nurses in your CHN’s practice specialty can contribute positively towards improving the health and well-being for the chosen aggregate by applying the identified Healthy People 2030 priority and its goals.
- Acting as the CHN yourself, describe briefly how you would address – using the chosen Healthy People 2030 priority – to improve the health and well-being of the identified aggregate in the CHN’s practice.
- Discuss which of the 5 main ethical, or economic challenges from the week’s readings may be present or need to be considered that can influence the sucess of your initiative and growth towards addressing the priority.
- Describe at least 2 leadership skills and characteristics needed in order to contribute positively to that priority for the identified population.
- Write a conclusion that briefly summarizes your chosen population’s needs that can be addressed within the Healthy People 2030 framework, the challenges identified that may influence the progress towards reaching the goals of the priority you chose, and what nursing leadership skills or characteristics are needed to effectively promote the health of the identified population for your chosen priority.
- You are required to use at least one current week learning resource and one new, current (last 5-10 years), peer-reviewed scholarly source from the UIC library that adds new depth to the learning. This is not one of the learning resources for the course but a new reference (it can be one of the supplemental materials, or a source you find independently in the library).
- Organize your thoughts and ideas, write clearly, check spelling, and use APA formatting for a title page, introduction, body of the paper, conclusion, and citations and references.