This assignment uses a similar strategy to the assignment in week one. You will find another article related to your topic of interest (same topic as week one—do not change topics). Use the library and the same essential process that was described last week, including the preparation of a 450-600 word paper to submit along with the article that you find (upload 2 documents: your submittal and source document). Consult the rubric associated with weekly assignments to see the grading criteria. NOTE: SELECT AN ARTICLE THAT WAS PUBLISHED WITHIN THE LAST TEN YEARS.
DETAILS:1. Using the same topic you selected in week one, and utilizing a similar research strategy in the online library, find a journal article that presents quantitative scholarly research associated with your topic. Remember that scholarly research involves solving problems. If your article does not use quantitative methodology then you do not have an appropriate research article. For the purposes of this assignment you want to intentionally find a research article that contains quantitative methodology. Save the article to your computer to have as a reference.
2. Avid research skills need to be applied in this exercise. In Proquest or EBSCO, make the “Advanced Search” do the work for you. Utilize all three boxes in the search window. For example, if you are trying to identify a scholarly journal with the topic of leadership that has hypotheses or questions identified, then in the first search box use the key word “leadership” in the next search box use the key word “hypotheses” and the last search box use the key word “research question.” . You also may want to do a search and change one of the key words to “quantitative” that produce an article that reports a quantitative study that may have hypotheses and/or research questions associated with the study.
REMEMBER to check the “Scholarly Journal” box and the “Full-text” box. Also, viewing the article in the PDF version will allow a better viewing of the quantitative research article in its entirety.3. Write a short paper (450-600 words) that demonstrates a brief analysis of the quantitative research article you selected. You are to write your paper in such a way as to answer the questions/issues below. However, do not include the list on your paper. Instead, let the items guide the content expressed in your paper, which should be in typical paragraph form.
- State the research problem or issue in the study.
- State the hypothesis/questions or objectives. Were they stated clearly?
- What questionnaires/survey instruments were used to answer the problem?
- What was the population used in the study? Was there a sample used? If so, how was the sample selected? How many were in the sample?
- What were the statistical techniques (Examples: mean, median, mode, ANOVA, MANOVA, regression analysis, etc.) used to analyze the data?
- Summarize the results. How clearly were the results presented?
- What are the limitations of the study? Are they stated?
- Summarize the conclusion(s). Are the conclusions presented clearly? Does the data support the conclusions? Does the researcher over generalize the findings?
- How can the results and conclusions presented in this study be applied in your particular field of study or work environment?
4. Utilize the APA Helps in the Resources area to help you present your brief paper in APA format, which means that you need to write a Title Page and References Page separate from the body of the text of the paper (no abstract or author note are needed). On this assignment you should write the publication information about your article on the References Page and then also cite the source in the body of the paper when you are stating facts.