Instructions: Answer the questions below. do submit your work in a professional-looking format. Do not copy-and-paste answers; use your own words.
Use complete sentences, correct spelling, proper punctuation, and appropriate grammar.
Submit your answers as Week 2: Assignment 2.Acceptable file types include: .docx, .doc, .rtf, or .pdf.
- Describe how a reaction engine works.
- In a chemical rocket where is the exhaust pressure the highest and how is it maintained?
- What are the advantages of using solid propellant rockets?
- Explain the difference between a chemical engine and an ion engine.
- Explain what specific impulse means.
- Describe each of the following parts of the Sun: photosphere, chromosphere, corona, and core.
- What is a solar flare?
- Describe what a cosmic ray is.
- Where are asteroids concentrated in our solar system and how many have been cataloged? [Note: Information in our text book regarding this is a bit outdated. You should be able to find more up-to-date information online.
- Describe some of the many benefits satellites provide.
- Where would you place power satellites in orbit and why?
- What has been discovered using radar mapping?
- What is the purpose of the Mission to Planet Earth program?
- What are sunspots and why are they visible on the suns surface?
- All spacecraft create a contaminated atmosphere that travels with them. Give examples of those contaminates.