Write a letter to someone in your life
Write a letter to someone in your life (e.g. a friend or a colleague) about what you have
learnt from in the following chapters:
• Education and Social Mobility (Chapter 3)
• Home and School (Chapter 6)
• Academic Underachievers (Chapter 7)
• Your letter should be a reflection on what you have learnt in the above three chapters.
• Explain how it has affected your personality and affected you professionally as a
Note: base your reflection on being a primary school / secondary school teacher
or college teacher (English Language teacher). You can focus on anything that has
stood out to you in these three chapters.
• You tone and approach should be conversational. Use your own words and do not be
afraid to state what your feel.
• If you are taking sentences or statements from the chapter, make sure you put them in
“quotation marks”. If there is a source, then state it.
[Do not take TOO MUCH from the learning material because the main focus of you
‘letter’ is on what you have learned]. If you excessively extract from the learning
materials, marks will be deducted.
• There is no fixed format, and you decide on the sub-headings.
• Your essay should be around 6 pages.