Obesity Survey Assignment
Draft your initial survey questions. Your survey should include two demographic questions asking for information about your respondents and 8-10 questions pertaining to the health issue you chose.
AT LEAST 3 of these questions should be existing questions from another source.
AT LEAST 3 of these questions should be questions that you write yourself.
Once you have your survey questions, you’ll need to come up with your survey protocol. This is the instructions that you will give to the person administering your survey. The protocol should include:
1) Instructions for the person administering the survey
2) A place to record responses of the survey respondent
4) Answer choices for each question
5) Skip patterns- are there certain questions which should be skipped based on a respondent’s answers to a previous question? Make sure these are clearly noted on your protocol.
For this assignment, you will need to turn in:
1) Your table, where you compared pros & cons of existing instruments
2) Your survey protocol
3) An overview of your survey questions
a. For each question, clearly describe how it relates to the health issue you’re exploring
b. Clearly state whether you developed a question or if it came from an existing source
c. For questions that you developed, describe your goals for the question and your thoughts about the question wording and answer choices.
d. For questions that come from existing sources, provide any information related to reliability or validity of the question (or the scale or index that the question comes from). Describe why it is an appropriate question for your target population