Please answer the following questions for your research response. They cover Chapters 4 and 5 in your text. They all have a basis in your book but you will probably have to do some outside research.
1) What is the Actus Reus of a crime? When does failure to act constitute an act?
2) What is the Mens Rea of a crime? What is the difference between general and specific intent?
3) Think about the modern approach to the law of principals, discussed on pages 111-112 of your text. Is it fair to assess the same degree of fault and impose the same punishment on an accomplice as on a perpetrator? Why or why not?
4) What are inchoate offenses?
5) Define the crimes of attempt, solicitation, and conspiracy, including whether or not they merge with the underlying crime if that crime is completed.
6) What is the “actus reus” or act requirement for each of the offenses of attempt, solicitation, and conspiracy?
7) Provide an example of an attempt, a solicitation, and a conspiracy for a serious crime.
8) What are the justifications for criminalizing the offenses (each addressed individually) of attempt, solicitation and conspiracy, and do they make sense?
This assignment should be 2-4 pages, double spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, with one inch margins all around. Please submit this assignment as a word document and cite all of your references in APA format. (Citations to your book are required in text and in the reference section, as well as any outside resources you use).
The book is Criminal Law & Procedure. John Scheb and John M. Scheb II. 8th Ed.